Monday, December 14, 2009

Fostering Images of Defense (((UPDATED)))


According to Jim Donnan on his daily radio show, and a statement released by VT athletic director Dave Smith, Mark Richt has contacted VT DC Bud Foster about the vacant position with the Dawgs.

Foster has long been atop my list of candidates for the position, I just never thought he would make the lateral move nor did I think Richt would actually pursue him. Don't hold me to this, but I was reading an article the other day about Foster's defenses in his 15 seasons as DC, and in those 15 seasons they have finished in the top 30 in total defense 14 times. Pretty good track record, if I'm remembering correctly.

The possibility of anything happening is purely speculation at this point, and I know the GA masses would love to see Kirby Smart, but this is one name you HAVE to put above him right now. Foster would, in my opinion, be the best possible DC hire possible this offseason.


***According to a few leaks via Twitter that have not been verified, Foster has received a new annuities package from VT and a revamped contract and will be staying with the Hokies.*** 6:35PM

No comments:

Post a Comment